Friday, November 6, 2009

Old Photos

Its scary sometimes whenever i flip through old photos. I swear it gave me goosebumps.Its amazing how this things can make you feel weird, funny, sad all in one. It can bring back old memories whether its sweet or not. It can give you this feeling of happiness sometimes. Thats how i felt every time i looked at it. Thats why old photos are my treasures. I swear, if anything happen to it, i'll go nuts!

When i looked at old photos it somehow can make me smile alone and i felt like it was just yesterday i took the picture. Be it family photos, photos of myself, photos with my boyfriend or even with my friends. It reminds me of how sweet it was back then. And of course it made me realize that im gettin old! It scary sometimes to think that im not a teenager anymore. What do u expect? Im 22 for god sake! Theres no teen word anymore for my age. Everything is happening so fast and its true what people always said that time is not waiting fo us. So true!

A picture worth a thousand word. I couldnt agree more to that. But the truth is, we are the one who can interpret it correctly because it's our photos. It reminds of what you used to be or what you used to have and sometimes, it can help you to be more thankful for what you got. Same goes to me. I always have issues with my parent. Who doesnt right? But i kept it locked deep inside cause i dont want to be rude to them, so i just remain silent. Sometimes i kept comparing them to other parents. Which is not good. But when i looked back the family photo album, i cant help but to love them even more. They love me and my sister so much that they bought us like thousand of dresses when we were little and thanks to them, i looked cute back then. Haha. And by just looking at it, i know that they really love me. Sometimes old photos can makes you remain grounded and it can help you to know where you actually belong.

When it comes to friends, damn it they hurt me so much i kept asking myself, why i still talked to them? Then, when i looked back at our school photos, then it hit me straight in my head. What we had is so precious and to let it go with a stupid cat fight is silly. I really value my friendship with them. When i looked at the photos, i know that i can forgive them for what they did. Because if i have to live without their contagious laugh, it feel so weird! Those old photos have a very beautiful stories to tell. We grew up together. We go through different phase with each other and its all there in the photos. I bet, 30 years from now, when i look back at those photos, i know it can still make me smile and i'll laugh alone when i recall back their jokes!

Some people dont get it why certain people are so into yesterday. Some people believe that what we go through today is what counts. But we wont be who we are if we're not from yesterday. Thats what have shaped us to be who we are today. Theres nothing wrong of diggin up old boxes to search for an old photo album. Memories will always remain with us. And its nicer if you looked at it with the one that you love whether its your family, your boyfriend or even your friends. The laugh that you share with them when you look at those old photos is priceless!

p/s : Fiera & Qila, our photos when we were a librarian back in 1998 is the best! Classic! Hehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment